Healthy snacks which combine complex carbohydrates and protein help to maintain steady blood sugar levels throughout the day. This helps to sustain energy and prevent irritability and cravings for sweet foods and stimulants. Here are 10 of my favourite snack ideas:
1. A smoothie with fruit and/ or vegetables and some nuts and/ or seeds
2. 25g mozzarella with a handful of cherry tomatoes
3. Cut-up raw veggies (e.g. carrots, celery, fennel, pepper, courgette) with 2 tablespoons of hummus
4. 1 apple sliced and spread with 1 tablespoon of nut butter
5. Small pot of plain full-fat Greek-yogurt with a handful of berries
6. A hard-boiled egg
7. A handful of edamame beans
8. A small handful raw nuts (approx.14 almonds)
9. 1 oatcake and ½ mashed avocado
10. 1 medium apple/pear/plum/kiwi/clementine and 5 almonds/ 5 cashew nuts/ 2 brazil nuts
Hope these tasty and healthy ideas keep your energy levels up. Happy snacking! If you enjoyed this – you will also like: Top 10 Tips for Digestion.
Subscribe to receive our latest posts in your inbox once a month!